Thanks to those who were able to attend SAHRA’s Annual Legal Series on May 1, 2018, at McGeorge School of Law where Mr. Hodson presented on California leaves of absence in the workplace. We hope that the presentation was valuable and provided clarification in a complicated area of Labor and Employment law.
The presentation covered the following:
- Medical Leaves of Absence
- FMLA/CFRA regulations and common mistakes
- Employer’s responsibility pertaining to leaves
- Parental Leave Law (effective 2018)
- Sick Leave
- Leaves of Absence for Exempt employees
- Benefit Leaves
- Domestic Violence Leave
- Voluntary Drug or Alcohol Rehabilitation Leave
- Other protected leaves whether paid or unpaid
Generally, the focus of the presentation was on legal issues that employers face regarding both medical and non-medical leaves of absence. If you are interested in learning more about medical and non-medical leaves of absence, and the liability associated with such leaves, please contact one of our attorneys.
A copy of the presentation slides is available (Please click "presentation slides").
If you would like to learn more about the obligation on an employer regarding leave of absence policies, please visit our website at pkwhlaw.com.