Our attorneys provide counsel to management regarding federal and California labor laws. Representative labor law clients include agricultural and food-production companies, beverage distributors and importers, construction companies, hospitals, retail businesses, waste disposal companies, wholesale distributors and other organizations.
Palmer Kazanjian’s practice includes helping unionized clients comply with the laws applicable to their particular organization. In particular, our attorneys represent unionized companies in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) and other applicable federal and state government agencies.
Palmer Kazanjian offers labor law-related services including, but not limited to the following:
- Collective Bargaining – Negotiation and Strategy
- Grievance Administration
- Representation Petitions
- Section 301 – Breach of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Unfair Labor Practices Hearings, e.g. before the NLRB
- Affirmative Action Plans
- Contract Interpretation and Compliance
- Employee Discipline Disputes
- Plant Closings and Mass Layoffs, e.g. WARN Issues
- Reduction-In-Force Planning and Training
- Union Election Procedures
- Union Organizing Campaigns
In addition to the above services, Palmer Kazanjian provides labor relations audits. Our firm conducts confidential interviews with management personnel in order to reveal any actual or potential legal risks and potential employee relations problems. Many of our clients use the results of our labor relations audits to put litigation and union avoidance strategies into practice, as well as to gauge worker morale and to make long-term plans regarding benefit administration, compensation, management organization, collective bargaining strategy and supervisory training.